In Your Share This Week!
Green Onions | Potatoes | Beets | Red Kale | Jalapeño Peppers | Eggplant | Jicama | Peanuts | Okra | Basil | Chives
Green Onions | Potatoes | Red Kale | Jalapeño Peppers | Eggplant | Jicama | Basil
| Winter Melon | Zucchini
Cling & Yellow Peaches | Melon | Navels Pluots | Nectarines
Learn to preserve you BeetBox herbs and fruits with Chef Liesha Barnett's Online Class! Sunday, 9/6/20 11am-12pm
Stay Well Read
As joblessness increases, unemployment benefits are being dramatically cut and the state-wide eviction moratorium came to an end at the end of July. The East Bay’s housing crisis will reach proportions greater than ever before, leaving more and more without access to basic human needs.
DONATE TO EMERGENCY HOUSING SERVICES: East Bay Community Fund, Bay Area Community Services, and Keep Oakland Housed
Thank Your Local Farms & Farmers!
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 large bunch kale, stemmed, with leaves coarsely chopped
- ½ cup vegetable stock, white wine or water
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and red-pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add garlic, and cook until soft.
- Add kale to the pan, turn the heat to high and add the stock. Use a spoon to toss the greens in the oil and stock, then cover and cook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, until it is soft and wilted, but still quite green. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has evaporated, another 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and peppers, add vinegar and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Don't Miss A Beet!
- Deadline for Round 1 of recipe submission is 15th September
- Recipes + Profiles from round 1 will be live on or before 1st October